Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Why Mommy Loves Barney

While I was having lunch with a friend the other week (who's a father of an 8-month old baby girl), I told him how my baby Mikeila adores the show Barney. He immediately asked if Barney is recommended for babies because of rumors he heard way back criticizing the purple dinosaur's 'sexuality'. This is the reason why he never have his baby watched it.



I've heard this rumor too when I was still single (I think same rumor surfaced about Spongebob). Personally, I think Barney is one of the BEST kids show that ever created. Here's why:
  • The show teaches good manners like sharing, being loving, being polite, being fair with your friends and even the proper way of sneezing hehe! 
  • They teach children how to count, learn ABCs and identify shapes and colors
  • It also teaches kids practical stuffs like how to cross the street (always stop look and listen, hold hands with a grown up, etc), rules when playing balls outside (always ask a grown up friend to get the ball if ever it goes out on the street, etc)
  • Best of all, they teach all of that thru a language kids would easily understand - with MUSIC!
I'm actually grateful for this show because Mikeila have gained an interest in singing. At her tender age, she was able to sing along with her favorite Barney tunes complete with dance moves. She comes rushing to hug and kiss me or her daddy whenever she hears the "I Love You" Song play on TV. She already knows how to count from 1 to 10 and sing the ABC song although I'm sure she doesn't understand it yet. She's been watching Barney since she's 3 months old although she have discovered and loved other characters now like Tinkerbell or Barbie, she never grew tired of Barney, Baby Bop, BJ and Riff but I'm not complaining.


No comments:

Post a Comment