Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saving and Investing For Your Future

No matter how young are, it is important to start early and save for your future. Much more if we already have a family. We must remember that our body ages and get weak, hence our capacity to work decreases as we grow old that's why it is critical to save while we still have the means. We don't want to depend on our children for money when we retire, aren't we?

That's why it is such a blessing when I stumbled upon Francisco Colayco's best selling book "Wealth Within Your Reach" in early 2011. This book is full of insights that you can use and you will definitely relate to it because it is designed in Philippine settings. It is aimed to teach that all Filipinos regardless of their status have the capacity to invest and become financially independent. It taught me that i can save, invest and grow my money for only P1,000 thru the concept of mutual fund. I also learned that aside from investment, it is also important to provide for 2 other funds for specific purposes namely emergency fund and insurance and how you can build these 3 funds simultaneously. I wish I was able to discover this book earlier so that I could've started when I was much younger.



This book is an eye opener. I'll share with you some of the tips I learned in my succeeding posts so you too can start the habit. Hope this book will be an eye opener to you as it was for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment